Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rain you are such a Pain ...

“some people walk in the rain, others just get wet”
Damn you whosoever wrote this line, you probably don't really understand what exactly does getting WET mean. Coz every single time I happen to walk in the rain I bloody get WET and I would like to make it very very clear that there is nothing to be excited about it. Man I have this desire to drag you in the center of any Indian cross-roads and make you stand there when it rains and I wanna see your face when vehicles from all over the place splash you with the filthiest of possible rain waters. I can already visualize in my head, you are pleading for mercy and let me guarantee you shall receive none.

I can say this right from the bottom of my heart that there is this one thing I hate the most in my life - the rains, the untimely rains, the torrential rains, the incessant rains, the rain that makes driving hell, leave driving even walking on the streets becomes such a pain in the ass, the rains which makes your own filth from the drains come to the roads and hence on to your clothes and if you happen to be unlucky at times like me, even onto your face. I say this because the most dreadful experiences in life have been because of this very monster as I would call it. Let me narrate a few.....

It was supposed to be an overnight journey by bus. When I bought the ticket and was told by the Travels guy that "Sir sirf 8 ghante lagte hai nagpur se hyderabad jane main aur apni Volvo bilkul makkhan ke jaise chalegi to aapko pata bhi nahi chalega ". I couldn't have even imagined in the wildest of my dreams what waited in stores for me. 2 Days before my journey date it started raining and it never stopped. I had to travel, i didn't have many options so I did. Half way through journey I was informed that there were floods in AP. It took me 48 hrs to reach Hyderabad from Nagpur a journey which was suppose to be a 8 hrs and was supposed to be overnight. 48 long hours in a bus which was still most of the times and barely crawling when it moved, each time I think about it, I happen to feel the shivers down my spine. I pledged that very day that never in the rainy season will I prefer a journey by bus and also I would suggest to you to please do take this piece of advice from me.

It also reminds me with one of my worst encounters with rains and this time didn't even had to fall to make my life worse. It happened to be during my class Xth board exam when I had to write an essay of about 250 words on "Paus Padla Nahi Tar ?" (What if it doesn't Rain?) and that too in Marathi, which most of my friends can stand testimony how good i am in. So then I had to write all the benign qualities of the thing that I detest the most, how Cruel can life be at times. I couldn't ooze out my real inner feelings about it or else the examiner would have really flunked me. Leave paragraphs I was struggling to write even sentences and I confess that I had to repeat most of them to satisfy the criterion mentioned above which was of 250 words !!

Let me sum up by quoting some of the famous lines from one of my all time favorite songs by the Indian Rock band Parikrama .

"
Well does life get any better
More yesterday than today
How I thought the sun would shine tomorrow
But it rained . . " :((

8 comments:

-=|R΢k¥|=- said...

I know the filth and stuff you are talking about but its the rains that bring relief from the sickening, sultry weather !
How can you not love rains coz I think you also had the share of good times - remember the 'garam chai/sam' at Nagarji's reddy and those biking trips to Lonalva !
So even if rains flood the whole of Mumbai and splash mud all over Naidu's face - I love it !

Vishal Naidu said...

its ur personal choice.....
i have no objections..... :D

abe yesterday it rained heavily here and i got wet while coming to office and bloody some guy had kept his gtalk sts as "some ppl walk in the rain others just get wet" which made me totally freak out and post this blog.

Fairy said...

poor poor u, mr.naidu!!! Imagine, u just dont hv to bother abt, whats gonna happen to ur clothes.. n who's watching u.. n just njoy the water splashing on u... just like, u r standing under a waterfall... still, m sure, u wudnt entertain the fact of getting drenched :D

S H A D A B R A S H I D said...

I dont know... but i disagree your comments on rain... If something has troubled me in the past OR doing it now... its not necessary i will hate those things...

Its not rain exclusively pointing/chasing towards you... its quite natural... its one of the things which if never happen the world would not survive, its one of the things which are pleased by people when they arrive, its one of many phrases in the prayers of millions of people... and much more...

its personal i believe what you feel about rain...

On the other hand... I luv it... its one of the season I really look forward to... bring on my vehicle lets go for a looooong drive...

Ah well, if you want to know the rain experience, ask the mumbai people, ask somebody who lost everything coz of rain, ask that child who dont know where his parents are coz of rain hazards...

BUT AGAIN ITS NATURAL... AND I BELIEVE SOMEONE ABOVE OUR THINKING POWER CONTROLS IT

S H A D A B R A S H I D said...

BTW You can ASK F**king Ramu to make a short movie "BUS MEIN 48 GHANTE" YA "8 KE 48"

... :D

Amit G said...

Well articulated post but i guess quite an unique view for rain. Waise u forgot to put another incident. Remember the 2 hrs halt at a shop just few meters away from r home?

Vishal Naidu said...

woh bhi dalne wala tha re...
but bahut badha aur boring ho raha tha...
so i skipped it !

Anonymous said...

You write very well.